Windows 11 was recently launched by Microsoft, and it has excellent features and functionality compared with windows 10. If we ponder upon the UI of windows 11, we will know that its UI is exceptionally matched with the UI of Mac. Dark Mode on Windows 11 is also an outstanding feature of the Microsft that was recently added to windows 10. Here we will learn how to Turn on Dark Mode on Windows 11.
Moreover, the dark feature is excellent in low battery, or we need dark mode when there is not much light. Google studies show that the dark way consumes less energy, increasing our battery life. So dark mode is also helpful when the battery of our system is going dead. It is also beneficial for our eyes and protects our eyes also.
You can also turn on dark mode in windows 11 by simply going into setting and then into personalization. In the dark mode, the elements on the desktop, such as the Taskbar, Start menu and other menus, File Explorer, and other supported apps (for example, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome), will also change to a dark color scheme with white fonts. Enabling the default dark theme changes the wallpaper to a dark one.
Here is a problem with the dark mode. If you enable it, it will affect a few apps and settings of windows 11, but a reset of the apps and software will work in their previous light or default theme. So we need to change them also into the Dark. For example, if we apply the dark theme or enable dark mode, then in Google chrome, just the chrome taskbar will be changed into Dark while the rest of the pages on the website or google results will be in light or default theme.
Here we will describe how to change your theme to Dark, and all the apps and software should also be changed to Dark.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Windows 11
To enable dark mode on windows 11, follow the steps below;
- Click on start, type Setting, and click enter.
- Click on Personalization.
- Then choose the Colors tab.
- Select the “Dark” option in the “Choose your mode” setting to enable the Dark Mode on Windows 11.
Now you will notice that the color of your desktop is changed to Dark, and you will also see that the desktop icons are replaced with dark mode.
Turn on from Themes on Windows 11
If due, for some reason, we can’t enable dark mode from the above method; then we should try to enable it from themes as shown here;
- Open Settings.
- Then Click on Personalization.
- From the “Select a theme to apply” section, choose the “Windows (dark)” theme.
- Now you can choose the theme of your choice if you want to click on the theme section.
- Under the “Current theme” section, choose the “Windows (dark)” theme or any other with a dark color scheme like “Glow” and “Captured” motion.
After this, your desktop look will be changed to Dark, with different icons on the desktop and in explorer.
Turn on from Contrast themes
If you cannot activate dark mode from the above 2 methods, then alternatively, you can enable it from high-contrast themes, or if you have low vision, you can also enable this option to turn on the dark theme. It uses dark colors for the background, and white font colors are easier to read across the desktop, applications, and websites.
To apply dark mode using a high-contrast theme on Windows 11, Follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accessibility.
- Click the Contrast themes tab.
- Select the high-contrast theme (Aquatic, Dusk, and Night sky) to enable the Dark Mode with the “Contrast themes” setting.
Click on apply, and you have switched to the dark theme using the High Contrast theme.
Turn on Dark Mode automatically
As no such functionality in windows 11 changes our theme automatically, some third-party apps still enable it automatically.
1. Auto Dark Mode X to turn on dark mode on windows 11 automatically
To install Auto Dark Mode X on windows 11, follows the steps below;
- Open Start.
- Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to download and install the Auto Dark Mode X app, and press Enter
- winget install –id Armin2208.WindowsAutoNightMode
After completing the steps above, you can launch the app and automatically configure the schedule to switch between the light and Dark Modes.
2. Enable auto Dark Mode on Windows 11
To enable dark mode when night prevails then, follow these steps;
- Open Start.
- Search for Auto Dark Mode X and then click to open the app.
- Click on Time.
- Select the “Set custom hours” option.
- Make sure when this app should enable light mode.
- And also specify when to enable dark mode automatically.
- Select the “From sunset to sunrise” option to automatically switch between the two system color modes during sunset and sunrise. This is optional. If you don’t want then leave it.
- Click on Switch Modes.
- Check the “Don’t switch while playing video games” option. (Optional)
- Check the “Battery-powered devices” option. (Optional)
- Click on Apps.
- Use this option to decide whether compatible apps should be changed into dark or light themes.
- Use the System option to decide whether Windows 11 should follow the system color mod or stay on light or Dark Mode.
- Use the Microsoft Office option to decide whether Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook should follow the system color mod or stay on the light or Dark Mode.
After completing these steps, your theme will automatically change when scheduled.
Turn Browser and Office into Dark
You can also turn the browser and Microsoft Office apps dark to make your whole theme dark as other whole windows are dark, so you can also make these Dark also. To make dark browser and office read how to turn browser and office into Dark.
After completing all the above processes, you have switched to dark mode from default or light mode.