The operating System choked up due to the files that assist the Operating System in its smooth running. The cache files are information stored temporarily on your computer or device after you open an app or visit a website for the first time. It helps apps load faster by keeping temporary files such as thumbnails, scripts, and video snippets on your OS instead of loading them from the web each time. We need to Remove cache and temporary files from windows 10 as they heap up and cause our System to work slowly.
Sometimes these files get corrupted or damaged for many reasons, and these files chocked your System and cause performance issues and may cause it to run slowly. These files or corrupt data heaps up and slow down your pc. And if there isis space storage on your System, you should first clear the cache and remove temporary files.
We can also speed up our system by hardware upgrading, like replacing HDD with an SSD. By the way, you can also speed up your system by using the following third part software.
- Glary Utilities
- Puran Software
- IObit Advanced SystemCare
- System Mechanic Free
- PC Brother System Maintainance Free
- Eusing Cleaner
Today we will show you different ways to clean up your System drive and free up RAM by removing harmful cache that causes pc to work slowly.
This method uses the disk cleanup method to remove temporary files and cache.
Following is the way to remove cache and temporary files by disk cleanup.
- Click the windows button and search for disk cleanup.
- Then in the search result, click on Disk Cleanup.
- Be sure to select drive “C” and click OK.
- Check the temporary files box; if you want, delete other folders.
- Click Okay
Now it may take few time to delete all temporary files and cache. Thus cache is deleted, and your PC will work faster than before.
This method is to clean up the cache by using File Explorer history.
1. Open any File Explorer window. One way to do this is to open a folder or click the File Explorer icon in the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click the “View” tab at the top of the window.
3. Then click “Options.”
4. On the General tab in the Privacy section, click “Clear.”
In this method, we will remove the file cache and history of apps in the following way.
- Click windows+r
- Type temp and click enter
- Now a file explorer will open
- Click Ctrl+A to selcet all
- Then delete these selected files
- Now repeat the same above process but instead of typing temp, write %temp% and click enter and repeat the same process again and delete all the files shown here.
This is also the same as the previous step, and here type prefetch instead of the above two and click enter. Select all and delete all these temporary files. This step will also ask you for permission to allow it and continue to delete these cache files.
We can also remove cache and other bugged data from our System by going into the windows setting as we have described below.
- Click on the windows button and start typing “Delete Temporary Files.“
- Now click on the temporary files. You can see other options to check other options and then finally click on remove files.
Deleting all temporary files and cache of different apps and programs will take some time.
Using all these methods, we can clean up our SySystemnd and make it work faster.