You are using the default font since you are a Windows user and you are tired of using the default. Although the default font looks quite lovely, everyone has different taste. Moreover, some people want to use or try something new to make their PC look more pleasant and relaxed. To customize fonts in windows 11, we can use many methods.
Changing the font setting and Fonts in Windows 11 is less straightforward and accessible than in windows 7 and 8. It’s much more tricky and a bit more complicated, but here we will show you how to change or customize the default font setting by following this guide. We will use many methods in this guide, but you can choose one that is simple and easy and easily change the default font.
1-Change the Font using the Control Panel
Like in windows 10, windows 11 has many fonts by default, and we can customize the fonts we like, and you can select one and activate it by registry setting. Here is given how to do that.
1. Customize fonts in windows 11 by appearance-and-personalization
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search and click Open.
- In the following window, choose Appearance and Personalization.
- Click on Preview, delete, show, and hide fonts in the Fonts option.
- Now you can see a list of available fonts. Choose a font family and note down your desired font name in this family.
Now you should have successfully chosen a font, but you don’t have still activate it on your windows 11 means that your windows will still show the content in the default font.
You can access font settings with the windows 11 default setting app.
Follow these steps to proceed:
- Press Win + I together to open Settings.
- Choose Personalization > Fonts.
- Here is a list of available fonts; choose anyone of your choice and note its full name.
2. Customize Fonts by using Registry Editor
We have selected the Font of our choice. Now the time is to set it up by using the registry editor, but before proceeding to the next, we will recommend you make it back up to feel safe during our whole process.
Once you have created a backup, follow the steps below to proceed:
- Type Notepad in Windows search and click Open.
- In the Notepad window, type the code mentioned below. Make sure you replace the Font name with the complete name of the Font you selected earlier.
“Segoe UI (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Light (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)”=””
“Segoe UI”=”Font name”
- After you have done by entering your font name now, click on the file and save it as
- Enter a name for the file and add .reg with it. For instance, if you choose the Inter font, you can name the Font as Inter.reg.
- Now, launch this document and choose Yes in the prompt by the Registry Editor.
- Click OK to proceed.
Now restart your PC and see if that Font has been changed on your PC or if it is similar to the old one. Now your PC looks new with the new cool Font you selected.
Customize the fonts and install them from Microsoft Store.
In the setting, you have the fonts available by default, and if you don’t like anyone here and want another font styles you don’t find here, then you can find the Font of your choice by finding them in the Microsoft Store. Here present a variety of fonts that are free and paid also. So anyone you like here can make it your system font by following the guide we are showing you here.
- Launch Settings and navigate to Personalization > Fonts.
- Scroll down in the following window and click ” Get more fonts ” in Microsoft Store.
Here in Microsoft Store, you can see many fonts.
Now choose the Font of your wish, click Get, and wait for the download. There are free and paid fonts that anyone you like in free or paid can get.
- After the Font is downloaded, click Open, and then it will automatically add itself to the Font section of the Settings app.
- Note the complete name of the Font and install it using the Registry Editor by following the steps we mentioned above.
Install Fonts from Third Party Apps
If you still can’t get the Font you want or want another free Font, you can download Font from third-party apps and set up new Font for your windows 11. Given below is the list of file formats that support windows 11.
- TrueType (file extension .ttf)
- TrueType Collection (file extension .ttc)
- OpenType (file extension .otf)
- PostScript Type 1 (file extensions .pfb + .pfm)
Once you have downloaded the Font of your choice, follow these steps to install it:
- If the Font is already in one of the formats we listed above, double-click on it to install it.
- Now, go to the Appearance and Personalization > Fonts section of the Control Panel.
- You should see the Font listed there. Then select it and follow the steps mentioned in the first method to complete the process.
- Alternatively, you can right-click the downloaded font file and choose Copy.
- Then, type C:\Windows\Fonts in the search bar of File Explorer and click Enter.
- Paste the copied file anywhere in a space in the following window and use the steps outlined above in this article to set up the Font.
Now restart your PC and check your appearance for fonts to be changed, and you will see content in the new Font that you have just installed on your PC.